fbpx
Yoder Home Services waterproofing logo in black

574-584-3640

Effects of Toxic Mold Exposure: Short and Long Term

Mold exposure can cause both short- and long-term health effects. It is critical that you are aware of the risks that mold poses so you can take steps to protect yourself and your family. In this article, we will discuss the Short-Term Effects of Mold Exposure and the Long-Term Effects of Mold Exposure. We will also provide information on how you can prevent mold from growing in your home.

Short-Term Effects of Mold Exposure…

Short-term exposure to mold can cause a variety of health problems, including:

  • Allergic reactions (sneezing, watery eyes, coughing, and skin irritation)
  • Asthma attacks
  • Respiratory tract infections
  • Ear infections
  • Headaches
Child using a blue inhaler
Woman in protective clothing spraying and cleaning mold

Long-Term Effects of Mold Exposure…

Long-term exposure to mold can have more serious health consequences, including:

– Immune system suppression

– Chronic respiratory problems (including bronchitis and chronic sinus infections)

– Neurological problems (including memory loss and difficulty concentrating)

If you think you may have been exposed to mold, it is important that you see a doctor as soon as possible. Mold exposure can be extremely dangerous, and it is important to get the help you need to protect your health.

Preventing mold growth in your home…

There are a few things you can do to prevent mold from growing in your home:

  • Keep the humidity level in your home low
  • Use an air conditioner or dehumidifier to remove moisture from the air
  • Clean up any water leaks or spills immediately
  • Ventilate shower areas and kitchens to prevent steam buildup
  • Use an exhaust fan when cooking or running the dishwasher
  • Fix any leaks in your roof, windows, or pipes
  • Keep gutters clean and free of debris
  • By taking these steps, you can help to prevent mold from growing in your home and keep your family safe from its harmful effects.

Mold exposure can cause both short-term and long-term health problems. It is important to be aware of these risks so that you can take steps to protect yourself and your family. If you think you may have been exposed to mold, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible. Mold exposure can be very dangerous, and it is important to get the help you need to protect your health. By taking some simple steps, you can help to prevent mold from growing in your home and keep your family safe from its harmful effects.

A red dehumidifier in a room with mold growing on the walls
Yoder Home Services waterproofing logo in black

We’re Here to Help

If you think you may have a problem with mold in your home, you should contact a professional to have your home inspected. We will be able to assess the situation, locate the cause of mold growth, and recommend the best course of action. Yoder Home Services offers basement waterproofing, dehumidifier installation, and mold damage remediation services to Elkhart County and the surrounding areas. Request a free quote at yoderhomeservices.net/mold-damage-remediation! Mold can be dangerous, so we want to make sure that your home is safe for you and your family.